Airvent Heat Pumps and Solar – What we do
Our product and service offering can be summarised as follows:
- Residential Heat Pumps
- Heat pump technology is one of the cutting edge technologies when it comes to renewable energy water heating products. Even though this technology have been used in South-Africa for heating water for many decades the recent increase in international demand have brought the component costs down making the product extremely affordable for the residential and commercial users. Using refrigeration cycle to extract energy from the surrounding air (indirectly using solar energy) it can provide you with 60°C hot water day/night, winter/summer at a quarter of the cost of electrical geyser element heating.
- Commercial and Industrial Heat Pumps
- Industrial heating applications are endless. Anywhere where heat is being generated using either wood, coal, gas or electricity the installation of a heat pump will result in a drastic saving. On existing electrical boilers a heat pump will not only drastically reduce the power consumption but also drastically reduce the peak demand saving you even more and freeing up valuable power capacity.
- Residential Solar Water Heating
- Solar water heating (SWH) is the conversion of sunlight into heat for water heating using a solar thermal collector. A variety of configurations are available at varying cost to provide solutions in different climates and latitudes. SWHs are widely used for residential and some industrial applications.A sun-facing collector heats a working fluid that passes into a storage system for later use. SWH are active (pumped) and passive (convection-driven). They use water only, or both water and a working fluid.
Professional and precise installation of any unit is crucial for your absolute satisfaction, total peace of mind and comfort. It also affects the performance of the unit and the warranty during the first few years. We make sure that our installations are done according to specification.
Installation reports and accountability
- All our installers have extensive product training, technical and academic, by either the manufacturer themselves or by our in house technical engineers.
- New installers have to do at least 5 installations under the guidance of a senior more experienced installer.
- All our Heat Pump and Solar Water Heating Installations have to adhere to our 25 point checklist before they are accepted and signed off.
- The online installation reports also include photos of the installation, in regards to standardised wiring and plumbing practices, whereby Electrical and Plumber Certificates of Conformity are needed for all installations.
- These installation reports are crucial for us to keep quality control.
Heat pump and solar system sales support
We have adopted an industry unique “project management” approach with each project and each client. Our team of highly professional Project Managers will be totally responsible to satisfy the needs of each client from start to finish – whether a simple installation or a major project. We come to your home or site, give expert advice and issue a free quote.
Customised heat pump and solar system designs
We have learnt that each client’s project differs and hence requires a unique approach. Airvent has a dedicated design team who specialise in the design of complicated and customised Heat Pump and Solar System, and they work hand in hand with our Project Managers, Clients, Architects and building contractors. Client specifications and site flexibility are the key factors in this design process.